I am a LOCAL surveyor providing a PERSONAL service.
I usually speak to my clients BEFORE the inspection and AFTER they receive my report. Experience has shown that clients find this very useful as they can discuss at length any matters brought up in my report. I can also guide the client towards obtaining any further investigations that may be required.
- MRICS Chartered Surveyor since 1997
- Specialising in Sheffield Housing Market since April 1999
- Trained and worked for two of the largest national firms of residential Chartered Surveyors (linked with Halifax and Nationwide Building Society) before leaving to set up my own practice in 2003.
- Engineering Degree and Postgraduate Diploma in Property Valuation
- Totally independent from banks and estate agents
To provide clear and concise reports to home buyers on the true condition of their future home.
Why Use an Independent Surveyor?
I operate as a totally independent surveyor. I am not connected to any other organisation including Banks or Estate Agents. This means that there are no conflicts of interest and my survey and reporting are carried out on a totally impartial basis.
The big corporate surveying firms, which are often owned by banks or financial institutions, place great emphasis on standard wording in their reports. This can lead to vague and defensive reporting which is difficult to interpret.
Corporate Surveying firms are highly targeted and it can often be difficult to speak to the Surveyor after you have received the report.
This is why I think it is important to prepare reports with clear and concise wording and to elaborate on this in person with the client when they have received the report.